Chocolate Favors shaped with cookie cutters and decorated with sprinkles can be customized to your party theme and colors.
Use white or regular chocolate in cookie cutter shapes to match your party theme. Add sprinkles in your color theme or find cute holiday shaped sprinkles such
as these Valentines Heart sprinkles.
Nestle Premium White Chocolate Morsels or Bakers Chocolate
TIPS AND SUGGESTIONS
- Use a chocolate melter if you have one.
- If you don't have one you can melt chocolate in microwave safe container.
Since microwaves vary, you will have to adjust the time to your microwave. Start with 30 seconds, stir well with wooden spoon, add 15 seconds as needed.
Heat until just melted. Chocolate should be warm not hot. Chocolate scorches very easily and will taste burnt if heated too long.
- Place cookie cutter on wax or parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Spray lightly with cooking spray for easier removal
- Fill cookie cutter with melted chocolate to thickness desired.
- Add sprinkles.
- Let cool completely in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Gently press chocolate out of the cookie cutter. Press top, middle and bottom to slowly loosen from the cutter.
- Arrange on plate or package in clear treat bags.
We found the metal cookie cutters about 3" with simple shapes work the best.
Wilton Chocolate Melting Pot
is a must if you plan to make lots of chocolate treats. Takes all the guesswork out of how long to set your microwave for to melt chocolate without scorching.
Do not get any water in your melted chocolate, this will ruin it.
Using small candy molds you can make small chocolate favors in various shapes like hearts, stars, bears and more. We like Wilton Hearts Candy Mold
Sprinkle your choice of candy decor into bottom of mold in a thin layer enough to form a heart shape on the bottom.
Spoon just enough chocolate into mold. DO NOT PRESS. Lightly use knife to scrape excess.
Chill for faster setting and gently pop out of mold.