Mini Donut Cupcakes are adorable little goodies! Perfect for kids parties, classrooms treats or a gift to that special teacher or person.
Ingredients for Donut Cupcakes
- Cake Mix boxed or homemade recipe (most require 1-2 eggs and oil)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 6-7 TBS Whipping Cream
- Food Coloring
- Mix the cake mix as directed.
- Spray the donut tin with Pam or cooking spray for best results
- Fill each cavity to about 3/4th's full.
- Bake as directed for mini cupcakes
- Test with toothpick for doneness and let cool completely before icing.
- For the icing: Add powdered sugar, cream and food coloring in a small bowl. Whisk together until smooth. If necessary, add more cream to reach desired consistency. If you have a large number of mini donuts, you may need to double the icing recipe. For multiple colors, use one recipe per bowl.
- Dip each donut cake and add sprinkles before the icing dries.
This is the type of pan needed to make these mini donuts. There are several brands to select from.
- To package, clear cello bags let it show the cute colors and sprinkles. Add a printed label to each and send as party favors.