Easter Peeps to Make Small Favors and Treats
Easter Peeps come in bunnies, ducks and pretty Easter colors. They are great for making treats and favors for kids birthday parties.
Use sprinkles to match your party theme. We found this cute idea from Love From the Oven and had to try some too! They are cute and easy to make. Perfect for any Easter party or if you are celebrating a birthday around this time of year. If you have other Easter Peep ideas, please share yours!
Colorful Round Sprinkles
Rice Krispies Treats
Nestles Milk Premium White Chocolate Morsels
Shortening like Crisco (optional)
Lollipop sticks or popsicle sticks
Wax paper or parchment paper
Small Microwave Safe Bowl or Wilton Chocolate Melter
Spatula or wooden spoon to mix chocolate as it is melting
Small spoon or silicone brush
TIPS AND SUGGESTIONS
- Use a chocolate melter if you have one or you can melt chocolate in microwave safe container.
Since microwaves vary, you will have to adjust the time to your microwave. Start with 30 seconds, stir well with wooden spoon, add 15 seconds as needed.
Heat until just melted. Chocolate should be warm not hot. Chocolate scorches very easily and will taste burnt if heated too long.
- While chocolate is melting, cut bunnies in half lengthwise and place on waxed or parchment paper sticky side up. They will reform as they sit there.
- Unwrap Rice Krispie treats and stick a lollipop stick or popsicle stick into each treat halfway.
- Spoon chocolate onto top of Rice Krispie treat and smooth chocolate until the entire top surface is covered.
- If chocolate starts to thicken, add a teaspoon of Crisco or shortening to the chocolate and mix.
- Place bunny on the chocolate covered Rice Krispie treat.
- Shake sprinkles onto the top of the Rice Krispie treat around the bunny.
Let set and harden. For quicker results and a harder coat, place in refrigerator for 30 min.
We used a serrated bread knife to cut the bunnies in half. They looked too big when we tried whole bunnies.
We found the sprinkles and treats at WalMart.