Enjoy Haupia at Your Luau Party
This cool and refreshing treat is a traditional coconut milk based dessert often found at luaus and other local gatherings in Hawaii.
Although often referred to as a type of pudding, the consistency of this dessert is similar to jello and is usually served in squares.
2 Cans of Coconut Milk
10 Tablespoons White Sugar
10 Tablespoons Cornstarch
1 1/2 Cups WAter
9 x 12 pan
- Combine sugar and cornstarch in bowl. Then add the water and mix.
- Pour the coconut milk into the pot.
- Add the cornstarch, sugar and water mixture to the coconut milk in the pot.
- Cook on medium high heat. Stir frequently.
- When it boils, stir continuously or it will scorch for one minute and then remove pot from heat. It will thicken quickly during this time.
- Pour into 9 x 12 pan. Let cool until firm. You can refrigerate it when it cools a bit. Keep refrigerated until use and refrigerate leftovers.
Cut with cookie cutters to make fun shapes.