Jelly Bellies in Chocolate
Jelly Bellies in your favorite colors and flavors embedded in chocolate make this a cute party favor or treat. Perfect for Easter Parties too!
Select the colors and flavors to match your party theme. There come in a rainbow of colors you can select from making it easy to match your party colors. Candy stores often
have them separated by color.
Jelly Bellies or Jelly Beans
Nestle Premium White Chocolate Morsels or Bakers Chocolate
Nestles Milk Chocolate Morsels
Wilton Silicone Baking Mold
Small Microwave Safe Bowl or Wilton Chocolate Melter
Spatula or wooden spoon for mixing chocolate
- Use a chocolate melter if you have one.
- If you don't have one you can melt chocolate in microwave safe container.
Since microwaves vary, you will have to adjust the time to your microwave. Start with 30 seconds, stir well with wooden spoon, add 15 seconds as needed.
Heat until just melted. Chocolate should be warm not hot. Chocolate scorches very easily and will taste burnt if heated too long.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop some chocolate and drip into center of the square.
- If you are using two types of chocolate, fill 1/3 full. If you are just using white chocolate, fill 2/3rd full.
- Let set and harden for 10 minutes in the refrigerator while you are melting the white chocolate.
- Add a layer of white chocolate so that the cavity is now 2/3rd full.
- Gently press candies into the chocolate about 1/2 way.
- Place in refrigerator for 30 min or longer. Pop gently out of mold by pressing from the back.
Peppermint Bark Squares.
We used the same technique, just added some crushed peppermint candies instead.
TIPS AND SUGGESTIONS
Wilton Chocolate Melting Pot
is a must if you plan to make lots of chocolate treats. Takes all the guesswork out of how long to set your microwave for to melt chocolate without scorching.
Do not get any water in your melted chocolate, this will ruin it.
Put the darker chocolate on the bottom...the candies stand out more in white chocolate
Try other candies for different holidays. Red Hots or Conversation Hearts for Valentines, green and red m and m's for Christmas, Candy Corn for Halloween.
Thanks For Stopping By! Comments Are Welcome!