Three Fruit Salsa Recipe
This healthy salsa recipe adds a lot of color and flavor to your party table and makes a perfect side dish for a summer party or barbecue.
Looking for a healthy alternative to nacho cheese or artificial flavored dips? How about this colorful three fruit salsa.
This refreshing salsa will be a party pleaser! Not only is it colorful, but it is full of fresh flavor. Perfect for summer parties and barbecues.
We like Tostito's Scoops for easy dipping.
1 cup finely chopped peeled cantaloupe
1 cup finely chopped peeled mango
1 cup sliced small strawberries
1/2 cup finely chopped, seeded, peeled cucumber
1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
1 1/2 TBS chopped fresh mint
1 TBS chopped fresh basil
2 TBS fresh lime juice
1 TBS Honey
1/4 teaspoon salt
Next two ingredients are optional and I omit it when children are going to eat it or make a separate portion for the adults.
1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
2 TBS finely chopped, seeded, jalapeno pepper
TIPS AND SUGGESTIONS
- Cut all fruit. Use a sharp knife for best results. Do not use a electric chopper or you will end up with "mushy fruit".
- Cut basil, cucumber and green bell pepper.
- Add all ingredients to bowl and mix carefully.
- Let sit in refrigerator for at least two hours so flavors blend together.
- Garnish with a mint leaf. (optional)
Omit onion and jalapeno if children are consuming or add it to a separate portion. You could even add a small bowl of chopped onion and jalapenos for those who
want to add some to their portion.