Candied Apple Treats
Candied Apple Treats covered with caramel or chocolate and sprinkled with crushed Heath, Butterfingers, M and M's make a yummy treat or party favor
Apples dipped in chocolate or caramel and sprinkled with yummy candy treats make this one a delicious treat. Wrap individually with a bow and it also
makes a great party favor to take home.
For favors add a tag with a birthday note.
Caramels or Chocolate
Sprinkles and Crushed Candies
Parchment paper or waxed paper
Apple Sticks or Popsicle sticks
Cookie tray or small dishes
- Insert sticks into apples
- Crush candies in a freezer ziplock. We used a meat pounder
- Melt chocolate in a chocolate melter according to directions or caramels on the stove top or microwave.
- Dip and twist to coat. Use a spoon if need to cover entire apple.
- Let excess drip into pot.
- Place on waxed paper or parchment paper.
- Add toppings.
- Refrigerate until toppings and coating sets.
Caramel hardens relatively quickly in the pot so work relatively quick. Do not remelt it changes the consistency.
Chocolate needs about 30 seconds to cool before adding treats or they may slide.
After you add sprinkles or candies, put in refrigerator to set. I used small dishes and placed them in the refrigerator to set as soon as each was
made. I lined the plate with a small piece of parchment paper.