Doggie Birthday Cake Recipe
This doggie birthday cake is a favorite of our pups! A carrot cake with yogurt icing makes this a special treat for special occasions. This recipe yields two pup cakes.
Download recipe here: Doggie Birthday Cake Recipe
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup cooking oil (we used vegetable)
1/3 cup honey
1 cup shredded carrots (purchased by the bag pre-shredded)
1 cup white or whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
Wooden Spoon or spatula
Two 5 inch tins about the size of a pot pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) Grease a small 5 inch baking tin. We used Bakers Joy.
- Combine the egg, peanut butter, oil, vanilla and honey in a large bowl and blend well.
- Stir in the carrots and mix thoroughly.
- Sift together the flour and the baking soda and fold into the carrot mixture.
- Spoon cake batter into the prepared pans
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes. Let cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
6 oz plain yogurt
2 Tablespoons Peanut Butter
Food coloring if desired
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Add food coloring if desired.
- If needed, thicken with a teaspoon or two of flour. Using wheat flour may change the hue a little so you might want to use white flour.
- Be sure to wait until your cakes have completely cooled.
- We painted on the frosting with a pastry brush.
- To make letters and dots we put the frosting into a quart ziplock and snipped a small corner
- With the extra frosting we painted biscuits.
- We refrigerated the pup cakes and biscuits to let the frosting set.