Mac and Cheese Kids Meal For Parties
Mac and Cheese is a perfect kids meal idea since it rates close in popularity along with pizza! This recipe does take a little time
but it is well worth the effort. You can serve this as a main dish or side dish at kids parties.
This delicious 4 Cheese macaroni dish will be a big hit at any kids party. This recipe is one of our family favorites.
This makes a great side or main dish for little ones.
You can even switch out a different cheese if you prefer.
3 cups elbow macaroni
5 Tablespoons Butter or Margarine
1 cup shredded Muenster cheese
1 cup mild Cheddar Cheese
1 cup sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 cup Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
10 slices of Velveeta Cheese (I place all 10 slices together and slice into squares or strips for easier melting)
1 3/4 cup to 2 cups of half and half (2 cups will make it a little creamier and 1 3/4 will make it a little firmer)
1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper (optional) I don't add these but it was on the original recipe given to me)
Large Bowl to mix shredded cheese together
Casserole baking dish (2.5 quart)
- Boil water in a large pot and add cook three cups of elbow macaroni until al dente as directed on box.
- In a large bowl, combine the Muenster cheese, mild and sharp Cheddar cheeses, Monterey Jack cheese, and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
- When macaroni is al dente, pour into colandar to drain water.
- Put butter or margarine into the pot you just boiled the macaroni in and stir until melted.
- Put macaroni back into the pot.
- Add Velveeta strips and gently stir until melted. I leave heat on the very lowest setting to speed this up.
- Add the half and half and 1/2 of the cheese mixture. Mix together.
- Transfer to a lightly greased casserole dish. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until hot and bubbling around the edges.
- Let sit 5 minutes and the cut and serve. It will be very hot!
For kids meals, pre serve in bowls as the dish will be very hot and this will also let it cool down faster.