Thing 1 and 2 Party Ideas
Thing 1 and 2 Party Ideas for kids. This is a favorite for boys and girls alike and are a fun birthday idea for twins. I'd like to give a special thanks to Kyla for sharing her wonderful party ideas!
This is such a fun theme with so many cute possibilities!
Be sure to have a few disposable cameras on hand so guests can help take photos.
This is such a fun theme with so many cute possibilities! Have an adult dress up as Cat in the Hat.
For those of you who are creative, here is a cute dress up ideas...make your own special party hats for the birthday child. This was made with an embroidered "1" and some white pom poms and cute fabric. Perfect for a First Birthday theme.
How about a blue wig to go with the shirts! Read the description carefully about sizing if it is for a child and read the helpful Q and A.
Cute Party Banner! You can make birthday banners with cardstock and computer printouts. I've seen some cute ones for sale on Etsy too. Decorate your tables with white, blue or red tablecloth.
See the collage above for some cute favor ideas. Shown are some cute red favor bags...fill with bubbles, goldfish packs and other small treats. Put the marshmallow lollipops in lollipop bags and secure with a red or blue ribbon to take home as a favor.
- Red Punch
- Make cool Marshmallow Lollipops like in the photo above.
- Red and Blue Sprinkled Pretzel Rods. See Here for how to make Dipped Pretzel Rods
- Strawberry and Marshmallow strung on Lollipop or Cookie Sticks. We used skewers which I wouldn't recommend with young children.
- Popcorn in red or blue funnel shaped cones or cups.
- Fun Shaped Sandwiches Using Cutters
- Veggie Platter
- Jello (Blue, Red)
Party Games and Crafts
- Pin the Blue Hair on Thing 1. Have a large cutout of Thing 1 and get some blue felt, blue cotton, to pin on Thing 1.
- Go Fish is perfect for all ages so it's perfect for that mixed age party and
everyone is a winner! This can also be your goody bag favor if you don't care for making individual bags and filling them.
- Win a Goldfish game. Find cups and containers and ping pong balls at Dollar Tree, craft stores or WalMart craft sections. Line up on a table and toss ping pong balls into the containers. Winner gets a goldfish. Put goldfish in small containers with distilled water and cover. Attach a small bag of fish food and fish care if
you desire. This also can serve as your party favor!
The Cat in the Hat
"You will see something new.
Two things. And I call them
Thing One and Thing Two.
These Things will not bite you.
They want to have fun.
Then out of the box
Came Thing Two and Thing One!"
-The Cat in the Hat, by Dr.Seuss