Soap Crafts for Parties
Soap Making Crafts require just a few items and can be done in 30 minutes or less. This Melt and Pour technique is a fun project for older children. Use the theme of your party to find small plastic figurines to match.
- Melt and Pour Soap (found at Craft stores or online)
- Soap Mold
- Microwaveable Measuring Cup (Pyrex recommended)
- Soap Scent or Color optional
- Small plastic items party theme related
- Chunky glitter (NOT FINE Glitter) or Scrapbook confetti. Color can bleed a little into the soap.
- Clear gift bags with ribbon ties or ziplocks to take soap home.
- Place figurine into the soap mold.
- Melt soap as directed. Be sure to not over heat it.
- Add drops of color or scent and stir well(optional)
- Pour into mold about half way.
- Add Chunky glitter or confetti. Be sure that soap is not too hot or it can slightly warp or remove color from the glitter. (optional)
- Pour more soap until mold is filled.
- Let dry as directed usually about 20 minutes. Press gently out of mold.
- Place in gift bag or ziplock and write names on bags.
Tips and Suggestions
- Easiest if you have a couple parents helping in two or three groups or one group and have someone entertaining the children with a game, story or activity.
- Have several molds so you can do it all at one time rather than waiting for a set of soap to harden to reuse mold.
- Always read the directions completely.