Making Bead Bracelets are fun for all ages. Since beads come in all shapes, sizes, and colors, you can customize it to best fit your age group. Pony beads are great for young children and you can get as small as seed beads for older ones. Colors and shapes can be adapted to you party theme and charms can also be added.
Materials for Bead Bracelets
- Beads (pony, wooden, metal, abc, etc)
- Charms can also be added.
- We like Stretch Magic as an option for larger beads.
- Low temp glue gun or Fabri Tac. This is especially necessary for stretchy bead string.
A knot will just slip open.
- Muffin Tin or small plastic containers to hold beads. We found some small clear plastic ones from the Dollar Tree that are great for being able to see what is inside and easy to pass around the table. Plus they are reusable so we have used them for multiple occasions.
- Masking Tape
- Sort beads into small containers or in muffin tins.
- Measure a length or cord.
- Cut a small piece of masking tape and fold over the string on one end. Beads won't fall off and you can write child's name on it.
- Tie in a double know when bracelet is made.
- Put glue on the knot to hold or it will slip. A high temp glue gun will melt the cord so you need a LOW temp or for better hold Fabri Tac. This will require some drying time. Aleene's also has various glues that may work, like their fast drying tacky glue.
They can be found in any craft section in stores like Walmart or craft supply store like Michaels and Hobby Lobby. I have even ordered some from Ali Express which are cheaper than most local stores. Plan a couple months ahead to be sure to receive them in time.
We find it on Amazon or at local bead stores for higher quality string or sterling silver wire. I have also ordered from bead stores online.
Beads are found easily online and in craft stores but you can also check specialty bead stores locally and online if you want special ones. You can also find a lot on eBay and etsy.
I usually buy these on Amazon or Michaels. I linked one below that I saw that specifically mentioned kids and is very inexpensive.