Brownies are so easy to make and are perfect for favors or party treats. Make them into these cute brownie pops and make them into
favors or a cute party treat. Simply dip the mini brownies into chocolate and decorate with sprinkles of your choice to match the theme of your birthday party.
Dip in Chocolate and add Colorful Sprinkles!
Dry in a large piece of styrofoam or use a cake pop stand.
Add cute tags or flags for decoration. We used a circle punch and some colorful scrapbook paper. You could add a small photo in the
center as well. Cupcake toppers with a hole punch are also perfect tags.
Brownie Box Mix or Your favorite recipe
Chocolate (regular or white)
Wilton Silicone Brownie-Squares Baking Mold
Note that it will take two batches to use all of brownie mix so two molds are ideal if you want to bake it all at once.
Baking Spray with Flour
Treat bags (if you want to package them individually)
Ribbon to tie bags
Tag or small flag to attach to stick if you are displaying.
- Make brownies as suggested on box or your favorite recipe.
- Spray with baking spray with flour. This worked well for easy removal and none of the brownies broke.
- Fill each cavity halfway with brownie mix. See tip below for easiest way we found to fill each cavity.
- Bake for 18 minutes. There is no time given on the mold itself and it was a little faster than the time on the box. We found 18 minutes was perfect. Note
your oven may need some adjustment to time.
- Let cool completely before gently popping out of the mold by pressing the bottom of each one. If you do it sooner it is likely the brownies will break. This
is why having two of these Wilton pans are ideal.
- Melt white or regular chocolate. Use Wilton Chocolate Melter or melt chocolate in bowl. Since microwaves vary, times will vary. Heat until just melted.
Chocolate should be warm not hot. Chocolate scorches very easily and will taste burnt if heated too long. Microwave 60 seconds on 50% power, stir well,
and repeat 30 seconds at 50% power until melted.
- Insert lollipop sticks into each brownie almost half way.
- Dip into chocolate a little more than half way.
- Tap stick gently while slowly rotating the stick to remove excess chocolate
- Add sprinkles and candy decorations. Stick into styrofoam to dry. Placing in the refrigerator right away helps any drips from forming and hardening quicker.
Holiday Brownie Pops
Here's a fun idea! Match the holiday by coordinating your sprinkles.
There are many fun sprinkles for Easter, Halloween, Valentines and Christmas.
Bag them individually or have it ready to take and eat in a festive container. Place styrofoam in the base and add some colorful candies to match. The candies will
also help weight down the container.
Tips and Suggestions
We found the easiest way to fill each cavity neatly was to use a freezer quart ziplock. Place it over a glass like you would a frosting bag and fill 3/4 of the
way trying to squeeze it into one corner. Make a small snip (start small and increase size if needed). Squeeze mix into each cavity and using the tip gently press
mix into all corners of the mold.
Cool completely and press brownie out of mold gently from the bottom. If it cracks a bit, gently press brownie back into shape. We did not have any break in half
This pot made this so much easier! I'd definitely recommend getting this Wilton Chocolate Melting Pot
if you enjoy dipping pretzels, strawberries and make cake pops. The metal portion or the pot will get hot so adult needs to be constantly monitoring if children
Do not get any water in your melted chocolate, this will ruin it.
If you have a Walmart near you, they will probably have the best prices for lollipop sticks, treat bags, and the Chocolate Melter. Look for it in the party section.
You can find styrofoam blocks at WalMart and craft stores. You can use one you have from packing as long as it's clean and will not tip over after sticking
in the pops. We used a flat rectangle about 14 x 12 inches.
Customize it to your Theme
Change the sprinkle colors or if it's a holiday party you can find small egg shaped sprinkles for Easter, hearts for Valentines and so forth like
Wilton Animals and Stars Sprinkle Assortment
Find a cup, container, tin or basket with a picture of your theme on it to serve these treats. Just find some styrofoam to fit your container and stick
the pops in it.
Add a flag or cut out circles in cardstock, punch a hole and add a theme sticker on each, tie with ribbon to the lollipop stick.