These adorable bunny cupcakes are really cute for an Easter party or a bunny themed birthday party.
- Box of cake mix
- White Cake frosting
- Large Marshmallows (1 per cupcake for the ears)
- Small Marshmallow (1 per cupcake)
- Pink sugar crystals
- Red Hots or small candy (Nose)
- Mini M and M's (eyes)
- Pretzel Sticks (2 pretzel sticks per bunny to hold the ear in place)
- Licorice strings (optional for whiskers)
Materials for Making the Bunny Cupcakes
- Muffin Tins
- Muffin Liners
- Cookie sheet or cutting board to work on
- Small Bowls for candies, sprinkles and the marshmallow
- Kitchen Shears or Knife (adult only)
- Paper towels
- Line the muffin tin with liners.
- Bake cupcakes as directed on box
- Let cool completely before frosting. If the cupcakes are warm, the frosting will melt.
- Frost with white cake frosting.
- Sprinkle white coconut all over the surface.
- Cut one large marshmallow in half diagonally with kitchen shears or with a knife.
- In a small dish add the pink sprinkles. Dip the cut surface of the marshmallow into the sprinkles to make the inner ear or your bunny.
- Using frosting or Wilton Icing, glue on eyes, nose, cheeks on face.
- Poke one pretzel stick into marshmallow (bottom of ear) half way and then insert the other end into the cupcake to hold ear in place.
- Repeat with other ear.
Tips and Suggestions for our Bunny Cupcakes
If you want finer coconut, or have a few long pieces, chop in a small food chopper or processor.
If you are doing this activity with young children, you can make the ears ahead of time and have them ready to assemble with the pretzel already inserted.
- Licorice strings can be hard to find but they make great whiskers. I found some at a candy store in a large mall. At Easter, you can sometimes find licorice strings at grocery stores.
Easter Party Ideas
If you are looking for some Easter crafts or decorations please check out our other site Teaching Tiny Tots.
This cute easy to make bag can be used as a party favor bag for kids to take their treats home. For the how to see it on our other site Teaching Tiny Tots. Here is the link the directions for the Lunchbag Bunny to hold party treats.
Make this cute centerpiece for an Easter themed party. Here is the how to on our other site Teaching Tiny Tots. Click here to see our Jelly Belly Topiary