Cute Bunny Cakes for a Bunny Themed Birthday Party or for an Easter Party
This is certainly an eye catcher with cute pink ears and a red hot nose. Ingredients:
Box of cake mix
White Cake frosting
Large Marshmallows (1 per cupcake)
Small Marshmallow (1 per cupcake)
Pink sugar crystals
Red Hots or small candy (Nose)
Mini M and M's (eyes)
Pretzel Sticks (2 per bunny ear)Other items used:
Cookie sheet or cutting board to work on
Small Bowls for candies and marshmallow
Kitchen Shears (adult only)
Paper towels handy
Licorice strings (optional)Steps
1. Line muffin tin with liners.
2. Bake cupcakes as directed on box.
3. Let cool completely and then frost with white cake frosting.
4. Sprinkle white coconut all over the surface.
5. Cut one large marshmallow in half diagonally with kitchen shears.
6. Dip the cut surface into pink sprinkles to make the inner ear.
7. Using frosting or Wilton Icing, glue on eyes, nose, cheeks on face.
8. Poke one pretzel stick into marshmallow (bottom of ear) half way and then insert the other end into the cupcake to hold ear in place.
9. Repeat with other ear.Tips
Here are some tips we learned as we made these bunny cupcakes.
Licorice strings are hard to find but make great whiskers. I finally found some at a candy store in a large mall.
If you want finer coconut, or have a few long pieces, chop in a small food choppper or processor.
If you are doing this activity with young children, then make the ears ahead of time.