A perfect birthday cake for a puppy! Raja looks like he is smiling in the photo and I'm sure he enjoyed this treat immensely. I love how Raja is patiently waiting for his birthday treat with the candles lit! What a great photo.
This cake is a chicken and carrot cake with yogurt frosting and Beggin' Strips on top.
Here is a recipe for a Puppy Carrot Cake with Yogurt Frosting
3 cups flour
1 T. baking powder
1/2 cup margarine, softened
6 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup corn oil
2 jars strained chicken baby food
2 cups finely shredded carrots
plain or vanilla yogurt
2 or 3 bacon-flavored jerky strips (Beggin Strips)chopped
1. Generously grease and flour two 8" round cake pans; set aside.
2. Combine flour and baking powder; set aside.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, beat softened margarine until smooth. Add eggs and corn oil; mix well. Add strained chicken, and shredded carrots and mix until smooth. Add flour mixture and mix thoroughly.
4. Pour batter into the 2 prepared 8" cake pans.
5. Bake at 325° for 60 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes before removing from pans. Cool completely on wire racks.
Place one layer on a serving plate or cake dish and spread yogurt evenly over top. Place second cake layer on top. Spread yogurt on top and the sides of cake. Or you can just frost the middle and the top as in this cake photo.
Sprinkle bacon bits over top and add your "candles."
For those who can't wait for candles to be blown out...use Pupperoni Sticks.
Thank you Caroline for allowing us the use of your cake photos. You have a really lucky puppy!
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Birthday Cakes.