Gummy Worm Treats in Jello!
Gummy Worm Treat with jello and crushed oreos make this a fun treat. The girls had a lot of fun making it and even more eating it!
We bought orange and purple (Grape) flavored Jello for Halloween. You could use strawberry for Valentines or other flavors for any occasion.
- 1 box of Jello
- 1/2 bag of Oreos (crushed)Approximately 2 oreos per 9 ounce solo cup.
- 1 bag of gummy worms, we found the solid color and clear but decided the clear looked best.
- Clear Plastic Cups (we used the 9 ounce Solo cup)
- Large Bowl
- Ziplock bag to crush oreos
- Measuring Cup
- Small cookie sheets, or pan to place cups in refrigerator.
- Prepare Jello as directed on package. We used the basic directions as follows
- 1 cup boiling water, 1 cup cold water
- Add boiling water to gelatin mix, stir 2 minutes until completely dissolved.
- Stir in cold water.
- We put cups onto two small cookie sheets to carry easier.
- Carefully pour into plastic cups about half way full. Let cool so the candy doesn't melt.
- Balance three worms over the edges. The ones that were already curved in half worked well.
- CAREFULLY place in refrigerator to completely cool for about 4 hours. (adult step)
- Crush oreos in a ziplock.
- When jello has firmed, place about 2-3 tablespoons in the center of the cup. Spread the oreos with a small spoon to cover the entire surface of the jello.
Tips and Suggestions
- Crush 1/4 - 1/2 bag of oreos first. Depending on how thick you want your layer, you will need only about 2-3 cookies per cup.