Description of Oreo Lollipops
Chocolate Covered Oreo Lollipops decorated with sprinkles to match your party theme.
- 1 (12 ounce) Nestle Tollhouse Premium White Chocolate Morsels or 1 (12 ounce) bag Nestle Tollhouse Semi Sweet or Milk Chocolate Morsels
- Oreo Cookies
- Lollipop Sticks
- Line a pan with waxed paper or parchment paper
- Stainless Steel Melter or Wilton Chocolate Melter (see our favorites below) or Small Microwave Safe Bowl
- Spoon for mixing chocolate and covering oreos.
- Separate oreos into halves and place on lined pan.
- Using a lollipop stick, press into the cream filling to form a crevice.
- Use a chocolate melter. We like the stainless steel for ease of use. The Wilton Melter is also great. We did go through two and decided on the stainless steel one shown below that works very well.
- If you don't have one you can melt chocolate in microwave safe container but this can be tricky if you haven't worked with chocolate before. Since microwaves vary, you will have to adjust the time to your microwave. Start with 30 seconds, stir well with wooden spoon, add 15 seconds as needed. Heat until just melted. Chocolate should be warm not hot. Chocolate scorches very easily and will taste burnt if heated too long.
- Dip lollipop stick into the chocolate and coat with a generous amount and then place the lollipop stick onto the cream. Put the other half of the oreo on top.
- Let set until secure about 15-20 minutes. Place in refrigerator for 15 minutes for faster setting. If it doesn't set, it will fall apart when dipping.
- Dip entire oreo gently into chocolate by holding onto the stick. Using a wooden spoon coat all sides of chocolate and gently tap the stick on the edge of the pot to remove excess.
- Decorate with sprinkles of your choice. If you are using small candies, press those gently into the chocolate before adding sprinkles.
- Refrigerate until completely hardened.
Other Oreo Lollipop Variations
We used sprinkles and cake decorations. We put the star first, then sprinkled around it.
Perfect for a Valentines treat. We used large heart sprinkles and some small ones around it for a cute holiday treat.
Use different containers to display your oreo pops. We used a styrofoam base to stick the pops in place. We found the different containers at The Dollar Tree and Michaels. If you are giving them as goody bag treats, package them in clear candy bags and tie with a ribbon. You can create cute labels or tags to tie on the sticks as well with name of the birthday child or the occasion.
Tips and Suggestions
- Be sure to let the oreos set with the sticks before dipping or they may fall apart.
- Do not get any water in your melted chocolate, this will ruin it. If you need to thin out a little, add a tiny bit of crisco shortening. Start with a teaspoon and blend it in completely.
- Extra chocolate? Dip other fruit such as strawberries, or dried apricots.