Rice Krispies Cookie Recipe
These cookies are light, buttery and crispy, these are one of our favorite cookies and are easy to make! Makes approximately 40 cookies.
Here is a printable version of our recipe for future reference: Rice Krispie Cookies Recipe.
1 cup butter (2 sticks)
1 1/4 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
Rice Krispies cereal
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar, add egg and mix well.
- Add the flour and baking powder
- In a small bowl add about 2-3 cups of Rice Krispies cereal. Add another cup of cereal if needed.
- Scoop a rounded teaspoon of cookie dough and drop into the bowl of rice krispies. Roll around until completely covered.
- Place on cookie sheet approximately 2 inches apart, they will spread. We fit 16 on a cookie baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until edges are delicately brown.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes until firm enough to transfer to rack or plate.
- After cooling store in an airtight container or ziplock. Best eaten within a couple days.