Apple Dip for Parties
This delicious party dip is perfect for kids parties, football get togethers and more. Have fun dipping cut apple slices, other fruit or even graham crackers.
Download recipe here: Apple Dip Recipe
1 8 oz package cream cheese
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup dipping caramel
Heath Toffee Sprinkles
Granny Smith Apples (recommended)
Bowl of water with lemon juice (optional)
Dish or small cups
TIPS AND SUGGESTIONS
- Let cream cheese soften to room temperature.
- Add vanilla and brown sugar. Mix with mixer for smoother results until it's light and creamy.
- Measure out 3/4 cup dipping caramel and warm slightly in microwave. We did it for 15 seconds and mixed. Caramel heats quickly so be very careful
- Add 1/4 cup of the caramel topping to the cream cheese mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Drizzle the rest of the caramel on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle Heath English Toffee bits on top
- Slice apples and place in dish with lemon to avoid browning. (optional)
- Chill dip and serve. Eat with sliced apples or graham crackers.
Mix cream cheese and sugar with mixer for creamier results.
For a whiter result, try powdered sugar and clear vanilla.
Dip pineapple spears, grapes and other fruit.
We used about 1/4 cup brown sugar but most recipes say 1/2 cup
They sell Heath Toffee bits already in pieces but for smaller pieces place in ziplock and smash with a wooden spoon.
For individual servings, serve in little Dixie cups with apple slices. Perfect for kids and to avoid double dipping!
Be creative: You can add peanut butter, nuts or chocolate sauce, or try using strawberry flavored cream cheese
For sprinkle variation, choose your favorite ice cream sprinkle! Crushed snickers, colored sprinkles, graham crackers, granola.
Saw this tip but never tried it: dip your apples in lemon-lime soda (regular or sugar-free) to keep them from browning without impacting the apple's flavor.